Who is the controller of your personal data?
Melium Sdn Bhd is the controller of the personal data you submit to the Melium Group and it is responsible for your personal data under applicable laws.
Melium Sdn Bhd,
63, Jalan Tasik Utama 3
The Trillium, Lake Fields
57000 Kuala Lumpur
Company Registration Number: 198901010206 (187507-U)
Your personal data is collected by us when you visit our store, our website or our event.
The information we collect are, amongst others, name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, gender, identity card or passport number.
The Purpose for collecting your personal data
The personal data we collect from you may be used for the following purpose:
- To manage and verify the membership of our customer loyalty programme where applicable;
- To keep you informed about our new stores, products and services;
- To send you updates on products, news and events, rewards and promotions;
- Where appropriate for market research;
- To understand and analyze your needs and preferences;
- To enable you to participate in promotions and contests;
- To improve our services and to respond to requests or complaints.
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data shall be stored in hard copies or in servers located in Malaysia and will be operated and used by us. The security of your personal data is our priority. We protect this data by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. Our employees are trained in the proper handling of personal data. When we use third parties to provide services to you, we require them agree to protect the confidentiality of the personal data they receive.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
· affiliated companies within the Melium Group for marketing and administrative
purposes (for example payment, verification and IT purposes);
- Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (if you use your account with them to sign up / in with us), if applicable;
- Marketing partners, third-party service providers and vendors who perform functions such as providing IT, website, customer relationship management, marketing support, data processing, managing promotions, carrying out research and analysis, payment and fulfilment and delivery of orders. We do not allow these third-party vendors to use this information or to share it for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf;
- Our consultants, auditors and advisors on a need to know basis;
- Regulatory authorities and enforcement agencies when required;
- Any court of law or relevant party in connection with any claim or legal proceedings when under applicable provisions or court order.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of those linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback.
What are your rights?
Right to access
You have the right to request information about your personal data that we hold at any time and we will provide you with the information.
Right to portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used format transferred to you, by making a request to us.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to request rectification or modifications of your data.
You can do so by clicking on the ‘update your preference’ link in Melium’s marketing emails.
Right to Erasure
You have the right to request that we erase any of your personal data processed by us at any time, subject to any legal grounds that we have.
Right to Object
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for certain purposes based on legitimate reason, subject to any legal grounds that we have.
Right to object to direct marketing
You have the right to object to direct marketing at any time, by clicking on the unsubscribe link in Melium’s marketing emails
Right to Restriction
You have the right to request that we restrict the process of your personal data, subject to any legal grounds that we have.
Right to Withdraw Consent
You have the right to withdraw a previously given consent for processing personal data, subject to any legal grounds that we have.
If you would like to exercise any of your above rights, you can email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to us at +603- 9059 3133 We have dedicated a personnel who is in charge of customers data and will handle your requests. Our office hours are from 9.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday. Any request to access or correct the personal data may be subject to requirements under the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016. We also reserve the right to validate all requests for the authenticity of the request.
At any time, you can opt to stop or limit our right to process the personal data by e-mailing or faxing to us at the above contact details, or by unsubscribing from the mailing list.